7.1.09

ABC, the key?

I know how to write. I'm actually a pretty decent writer, and I love the feeling of finishing a project, be it a short piece a fiction, or non-fiction, or, in those old days when I had classes, even a paper for school. I have had a love of writing since I was in the fifth grade, when I declared that I wanted to be an author when I grew up. It's been something I've clung to through every moment of my life, the thought that someday, someone could read my words and let those words impact them, if even just for a moment.

There's just one problem. The act of sitting down and putting words onto laptop is ridiculously grueling. I've often joked with the peers in my creative writing classes that my future home needs to have chains on my office, so that I cannot leave until my task for the day is finished. Unfortunately, however, still living with my parents presents me with no such option, and this has left me in a major downward slump.

So my writing has suffered, mainly because it hasn't existed (there's a question: can something suffer if it has never existed? Well, no would be my answer, but hey, go with it.).

One of my good friends suggested that I start a blog, separate from my others, that is entirely devoted to writing. She has her own project blog, 500 Conversations in 2009, which is dedicated to reflecting on 500 deliberate conversations she plans on having before the end of the year. Not only is her endeavor creative and interesting, but it's also inspiring. Stephanie suggested that I use a theme to get myself writing more - thus, ABC's. Get it back to the basics of writing.

I'll be posting at least two blogs per week. For each blog, I'll pick a word beginning with the next letter in the alphabet. When I get to 'Z', I'll start over again on 'A.' This isn't meant to be a vocabulary lesson, so there won't be many words that are new and foreign, or even difficult - 'B' might be 'Boys', or it could be 'Bromidic". It all depends on my inspiration.

This isn't meant to change the world, nor will it be literary genius. I just want to get my juices flowing so that I can Actualize, Build, and Conceive my creative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment